For the King and His Kingdom.
In the summer of 2018, several central Kentucky families began meeting at a home each Friday night. The agenda was simple: share a meal, pray for one another, and explore the idea of launching a new church in the Lexington area.
In the group, there was a collective hunger for something more than conventional church as they had known it – there was a hunger for Presence that took priority over all things. They believed that the primary mission of every church was to be a dwelling place for the Presence of God on earth, ministering to His heart through prayer and worship.
On this “Presence-driven” foundation, this small group– the core families of King’s Church – committed to build a church with three distinct purposes:
a worshipping family
King’s Church would become a worshipping family that hosts the Holy Spirit of God. This means:
- Worship encounters with the Holy Spirit that lead to transformation.
- Biblical teaching & discipleship that leads to holy living.
- Renowned in our community for radical love for God and others.
a house of prayer
King’s Church would build a house of prayer that awakens our generation for kingdom renewal. This means:
- Personal, family, and corporate lifestyles of prayer and fasting.
- A night-and-day prayer room for our community.
- An assembly of committed “intercessory missionaries”.
an apostolic mission
King’s Church would be an apostolic mission that sends people out with power for ministry. This means:
- All generations doing the works of Jesus with love, wisdom, and boldness.
- Practical, hands-on training for supernatural ministry.
- Planting more Kingdom churches in our region.